The Ichthus (or Ichthys) 1 oz silver round is a beautiful testament of faith, as well as a solid way to protect you and yours from the travails of fiat currency. Struck from 1 troy ounce of .999 fine (99.9% pure) silver in the United States, these rounds feature the ancient Christian symbol of the Ichthus, known as the Christ Fish, surrounded by divine light. Above the Ichthus is the legend "Jesus Christ Son of God Savior," and below is the Greek word for "fish," IXOYE (ichthus.)
Each Greek letter in "ichthus" can represent the words in the inscription "Jesus Christ Son of God Savior."
- The first letter of IXOYE, iota, is also the first letter in the Greek pronunciation of Jesus, Iesous.
- Chi, the second letter, is the first letter in Christos.
- Theta is the first letter in Theou, meaning "God's"
- Upsilon is the first letter in Uious, the Greek word for "son."
- and Sigma is the first letter of Soter, Greek for "Savior."
Together, you get "Jesus Christ God's Son Savior."
The reverse of this pure silver round has the Bible verse that is the bedrock of Christianity, John 3:16.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have Eternal Life."
The Ichthus 1 oz silver round would make a touching gift for someone to commemorate their acceptance of Jesus as their Savior, or for someone going through troubling times to remind them of God's grace. This 1 troy ounce round is made in the United States, from only the highest quality private mints, so you can rest assured of its purity.
|Actual Metal Weight:||1 ozt|