- Japan’s Nikkei 225 jumps by the most since 2008, gaining 7.7% overnight.
- Warren Buffett goes on record agreeing with virtually everything Donald Trump has said about taxes.
Then . . .
. . . and now.
- Element Capital, a heretofore obscure hedge fund, is now the biggest buyer of U.S. Treasurys.
- Investors are again pouring money into riskier assets, particularly in Chinese equities and emerging market currencies, which are now seen as a good value at depressed prices.
- Deep-pocketed companies in Hong Kong and India are separately attempting to compete with Netflix in the African and South Asian markets.
- Major miner Anglo American Platinum (LON: AAL), better known as Amplats, sells three of its platinum mines at Rustenburg to South Africa’s largest gold miner, Sibanye (NYSE: SBGL) (JSE: SGL) in a deal worth $330 million.