|Actual Metal Weight:||0.1 ozt|
|Face Value:||5 Dollars|
|Mint:||Royal Canadian Mint|
Many collectors have a "lucky coin," but this 1/10 oz gold Canadian Five Blessings coin takes the idea to another level. Struck from one-tenth troy ounce of extra-pure .9999 fine gold, these coins celebrate five traditional Chinese blessings. These 2014 Five Blessings gold coins from the Royal Canadian Mint make excellent gifts for any occasion, hopefully bringing good fortune to the receiver.
The symbols on the reverse are representative of five cardinal blessings in traditional Chinese culture:
- "May your wishes come true," symbolized by the bat;
- "May you have speedy success," symbolized by the deer;
- "May every year bring a surplus," symbolized by a crane;
- "May flowers bloom for prosperity," symbolized by a magpie;
- "May your stock turn over like a spinning wheel," which is represented by the large Chinese character for "good fortune" found over a geometric pattern to the right of the other animals.
The coin's obverse is graced by Susanna Blunt's familiar effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The year of issue and the face value of "5 DOLLARS" are placed along the bottom rim. The inscription for the weight and purity runs down the center of the coin and reads, "FINE GOLD 9999 1/10 OZ OR PUR 9999."
Offering blessings to a close friend or family member is a thoughtful gesture in any culture--especially when it's done with 99.99% pure gold! These 1/10 oz Canadian Five Blessings gold coins are an ideal gift for virtually any occasion. Get yours for competitive pricing from Gainesville Coins today!