Different Payment Methods
There are four different payment methods to choose from when you buy from Gainesville Coins.
- You can pay with cash, but only if you are in our showroom. We will not accept cash sent through the mail.
- You can pay with a credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and now American Express.
- You can pay with a check, cashier’s check, or money order.
- You can pay by bank wire.
- We do not accept ACH
Credit Card Verification
If you pay with a credit card, there may be a charge verification process before the order ships. The verification often takes just a few moments. If a customer chooses not to cooperate with the verification process, they will have the option of paying with bank wire instead. Otherwise, cancellation fees will apply if the verification is not completed.
Be advised that orders paid for by credit card MUST ship to address associated with the credit card account. This measure helps protect Gainesville Coins and its customers from credit card fraud. For the same reason, we do not accept international credit cards.
Bank Wire Payments
Many customers are unfamiliar with sending bank wires, also known as wire transfers, but the process is rather easy. Here’s a quick overview.
- Choose the bank wire option when placing your order on the Gainesville Coins website. Don’t forget this first step!
- Provide a credit card for the 5% authorization hold. This is not a charge, and will be voided once your wire is received. It’s also how the customer locks in their prices for the order.
- You will receive an email containing your wire instructions. Follow the steps provided therein.
- Go to your bank and send the wire transfer to complete your order. Feel free to print the wire instructions provided by email and show them to your banker to ensure you’ve followed every step.
- Wire the full amount of the order total. (The 5% authorization will be voided unless the customer fails to pay. Please note this is not subtracted from the total amount that must be wired.) You must initiate the wire within one day (or 24 business hours) of receiving your confirmation email.
- Be sure to include your name and full address in the wire. Otherwise, your payment will be refunded.