Nevada Sales Tax for Precious Metals
As defined in Nevada Administrative Code 372-170, the following bullion and numismatic items are EXEMPT from sales tax when shipped by Gainesville Coins to a Nevada address:
1. Sales of coins to be used as a medium of exchange;
a. Sale price of such coins must be less than 50% over face value
b. Coins must be currently acceptable as money.
2. Bullion used as a medium of exchange.
All other bullion or numismatic items and accessories sold by Gainesville Coins are subject to Nevada state sales tax.
Our tax ID number is 1041176520-001.
Nevada Tax Code - Sales Tax On Precious Metals
NAC 372.170 Coins and stamps; bullion. (NRS 360.090, 372.725)
1. The tax applies to sales of coins or uncancelled stamps at a premium price for purposes other than use as a medium of exchange or postage. The tax does not apply to sales of coins or uncancelled stamps, even though sold at a premium price, if the purpose of the use of the coins or stamps is as a medium of exchange or postage.
2. If the sales price exceeds the face value of the coins or stamps by 50 percent, they will be deemed to have value as collectors’ items and will be taxable. If the sales price does not exceed the face value of the coins or stamps by 50 percent, they will be deemed to have value solely as a medium of exchange or postage and will not be taxable. Sales of any coins not currently accepted as money and sales of cancelled stamps or stamps not currently accepted for postage are taxable.
3. Sales of coins to gaming establishments at any price for use in gaming operations are not taxable, except that, sales of coins at a premium price to gaming establishments for purposes other than use as a medium of exchange are governed by subsection 2.
4. The tax applies to sales of bullion at a premium price for purposes other than use as a medium of exchange. The tax does not apply to sales of bullion, even though sold at a premium price, if the purpose of the use of the bullion is as a medium of exchange.
[Tax Comm’n, Combined Sales and Use Tax Ruling No. 74, eff. 9-7-73] — (NAC A by R154-10, 5-5-2011)
Tax By State
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia